Sunday, June 05, 2005

Another marry weekend

Yesterday was Mike and Dani's wedding. Jay was the best man. Since the wedding was at 5:00 o'clock, Jay and I had to keep Mike occupied during the day. We all slept over Jay's parents' house the night before, so when we woke up we decided to take a walk to the ArtsFest Beverly. It's an artist-y festival they have downtown. First we stopped by the Atomic Cafe for a cup o' joe. Jay asked me if my friend Justin was still living in Beverly; I said he wasn't. Jay said, "That kid looks just like him!" I turn to see my friend Justin sitting in a booth! I hadn't talked to that kid in ages. Good to see him. Then we walked over to the dollar store and told Mike he could pick out anything he wanted that was $1 and we'd buy it for him. He chose a four-pack of punching balloons. Good choice. We walked around Beverly looking like morons as we punched the hell out of our respective balloons. It was fun. Then we had some lunch at Acapulco's. We ordered a pitcher of margaritas. Mmmmm. Then Mike and Jay played some hoops while I napped. Jay decided it'd be a good idea to make Mike submerge himself in the ocean before he had to get ready for the wedding. The tide was out, so the water was really really shallow really really far out. They were probably a quarter mile out and the water was still only to their knees. But they jumped in anyway. Rocks hurt bare feet.

Then for the wedding, which was held at Hammond Castle. It was a really great wedding. The ceremony was in the great hall, the dinner was outside in the tent, then the dancing was back in the great hall. The castle is right on the ocean, and let me tell you, the view from the ladies' room was breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking. Jay, being the best man and all, had to make a speech. I knew he was nervous, but you wouldn't know it by the way he delivered it! He did a really great job, and he even made people cry.

Then we went to the Ocean View Hotel to hang out, and we ended up getting a room there. I stayed up way too late and partied with everyone, and I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. for a bridesmaids brunch in Natick. (I won a DJ!) So all in all, it was a really really fun time!

I won a DJ!

2 comments:

dennis said...

Can you tell me more about the DJ? Can I borrow your DJ?

Erin said...

The DJ is not for borrowing. He's only for playing music at the reception. I won him. He's mine!