
Last night I went out with Dennis and Erik for some Chinese food down at the Cherry Blossom. We asked the waiter what he suggested for an alcoholic beverage, and he immediately answered, "Mai tai. Definitely mai tai." So we all got mai tais. They were really strong. So I had two. Now I'm eating the leftovers (Dennis and Erik were nice enough to let me have them - thanks, guys!) -- [ewww, as I'm proofreading this, I just bit into the tangerine peel from the tangerine chicken! I thought it was beef! Groooosssss!!]
It was a pretty uneventful weekend. Jay is away on his second annual Bailey Boys Weekend with his bros and his pops. They went to Warren Island in Maine. Jay was nice enough to call me yesterday to check in, and they're having a good time. So when Jay's away, I get all these ideas about all the different fun things I could do, but then I get overwhelmed with all those things and I can't decide what to do, so I end up staying home and watching poker on TV.
I actually did go see my pops for fathers day. My family lives far away. I drove out at 7:30 this morning to get to the Harvest Moon Cafe (formerly the Top Hat) for breakfast at 8:30. My old music teacher, Mr. Rees, was there! I hadn't seen him in, oh, gosh, like 10 years! He's a real nice guy, that Mr. Rees. It was good to see him.
That's about it. (I do think it's actually "Father's Day".)
1 comment:
You're funny.
Post a Comment