Thursday, June 16, 2005

ADD post

Okay, things I want to post about: Google maps; grammar; keyboard shortcuts on programs other than WordPerfect; (shit, what else??); oh, contact lenses; hmmmm... wait, I think that was it.

Okay. So I got contact lenses today. (Takin' 'em out of order here.)

I decided to try them out because I don't want my lame Wal-Mart glasses in my lame wedding pictures. I know that's narcissistic (yeah, I had to look it up even though I spelled it right), but honestly, my glasses weigh probably 4 oz. Which is a lot, considering my little serving of Crispex today was .81 oz. That's a lot of weight on my precarious nose. So I'm nearsighted, which I think means I can't see far away, so it's now strange to look someone in the face and then look behind them and see the leaves on the trees clearly... without 4 oz. glasses on!


Google maps: I visited Dennis today for a bit after I picked up my contacts, and I was talking with Skip (D's dad), and he was saying he used Google maps recently. I didn't even know Google did maps! It's really cool, though: you can zoom into anywhere in the country, click and drag through the map instead of clicking on an arrow and waiting for it to reload, and you can click on "satellite" and get a satellite image of what you're looking at. Eff'd up!! Above is the street I grew up on in West Brookfield.

Keyboard shortcuts on programs other than WordPerfect, if you hit Ctrl+backspace, it deletes every word before the cursor, but in WordPerfect, it deletes the whole line of text. Good or bad? You decide! (Now, I'm not talkin' PCs vs. Macs, here.)

Grammar: now I don't want to get into it... although even as a court reporter, it stumps me sometimes. Mostly, the hyphenated and nonhyphenated things get me. That's why I consult this book.

K. That's it. Now it's bedtime. God bless the statue of Samantha Stevens in Salem.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Google Maps is tha shizznit. So easy to use. satalite view! Much cleaner than mapquest, and I think it's less likely to get me lost. Mapquest has far to frequently lead me down a crazy one way back-road with no escape.

Mikko said...

http://kentmm.blogspot.com/2005/06/google-satellite.html