Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Getting into the swing of spring

This past weekend was a long weekend of too much partying, indeed. Partying's fun, no doubt, but there's always a little bit of the doldrums when reality hits and you have to go back to work.

I counted down the days until our wedding: 94. I went one lame step further and actually listed each day of the countdown on each calendar day in my PDA. I know, I know, I'm lame. But as I was getting to like 10, 9, 8 days before the wedding, I started getting nervous! If I'm getting nervous over putting stupid text in my PDA, imagine what I'll be like when it actually IS 10, 9, 8 days before the wedding. I think the main reason I was nervous is not because I'm nervous to marry Jay; I'm nervous because I don't know what the hell I'm doing in regards to the wedding. But we've got more plans nailed down, which is good...


So it's 94 days before the wedding - I plan on joining the Y and getting in shape. I'm going to stop smoking and cut down on drinking and get in shape. Hopefully. I did a mile and a half on the elliptical machine yesterday. Guess I should actually figure out what I'm doing exactly before I go back... Any exercise suggestions are more than welcome! I'd like to mainly lose my gut, but also build more muscle tone in my arms. Y'know, so I can look good on the beach. And fit into my dress.

No comments: