Sunday, June 12, 2005

Potato salad and other exploits

I had a few college friends over last night, and we had a good time. I made way too much food, some of which I'm eating right now as I type; specifically, cold remnants of chicken-ka-bobs and potato salad. And Coke. Mmmmm. And before that, earlier in the day, I had to drive out west to a florist appointment in North Brookfield. Flowers are frivolous! And why must one's godparent have a corsage??

I must say, living next to the state park is fan-tastic! We've been swimming pretty much every day since it started getting oppressively hot, and it just feels great to break up the day with a nice swim. Weekdays are much better than weekends, because on the weekends there's 12-year-old children who throw large rocks in the water quite close to your head. Okay, my head.

Today, Jay's 'rents are driving on out here to visit. I think they might be bringing a kayak, which will also be too much fun. Seeing as how it's another 90-degree day, we might just kayak and swim and kayak and swim! God bless government-run recreation areas...

3 comments:

dennis said...

Damn! I forgot all about the get together! I would've eaten a literal ton! No leftovers! No more exclamations.

Erin said...

Dennis, I shoulda called. And no, now there's no leftovers because Jay's dad likes to pick at the leftovers, and eventually they were gone. We'll plan another BBQ, no worries!

Patrick said...

Erin! Sorry I couldn't make it to your party! Fellow Rhody's and one-time-alley-partiers Jason and Kerri got married that day. Photos are here!

Future shindigs will be attended dammit!