
A and B: Scented candles. Preferably, cinnamon spice and fresh cotton, or two other scents that, when mixed, makes one dizzy.
C: Wine and wine glasses. Preferably, red wine that stains your teeth.
D: A flashlight. Preferably, you'll forget you had it, and only retrieve it about 20 minutes into the blackout.
E: Monopoly.
Yes, we lost power for about an hour and a half last night, which was actually pretty exciting. About an hour before the lights went out, I thought to myself, "This snow's really heavy; I bet this is the kind of snow that'd rip down power lines." Jay also thought earlier in the day, "We're going to lose power." Lo and behold, we did. Lots of strange coincidences actually happened yesterday... 1) there's a tree in our backyard with two trunks that look like they're hugging, and Jay and I both noticed it for the first time yesterday and we both thought, "That looks like us!" 2) that snowman we built eventually fell over, but we both looked out the window about 20 second before it did, and we both saw it collapse; 3) during Monopoly, Jay rolled doubles probably 85 percent of the time.
Okay, when I write it out, it doesn't seem like a lot, but it was, and it was weird!
No comments:
Post a Comment