Thursday, March 24, 2005

Things I did today

Well, Jay's flight finally came in... at 3:13 a.m. We ended up getting home about 4:30am, and I had to get up for work at 5:30. So I called in sick because I felt like a pile of poop. So I had a day off to get stuff done! I slept for most of the morning, though... but here's what else I accomplished:

I took Abe to get his nails clipped, because them things was like daggers! The girl who clipped his nails wanted to keep him. I wouldn't let her.

I went to an auto body shop to get another appraisal for my still-broken side mirror. Yes, it got sideswiped in October, and yes, I still haven't gotten it fixed. But sadly, I don't think there's any way around the $500 deductible. ::shaking fist:: Damn you, insurance!

And because my mirror has been broken for so long, my inspection sticker eventually expired in December, and I still hadn't gotten it renewed. I knew it wasn't going to pass, and I didn't know when I would be getting the mirror fixed, yadda yadda... so I procrastinated. Until today! I finally got my car inspected. It passed with flying colors, until it failed because it has no side-view mirror. Doh! But now I have sixty days to get it reinspected, and hopefully within those sixty days I'll find a nice auto body shop to fix my car.

No comments: