Tuesday, June 27, 2006

B-ball Hall of Fame

This past weekend we went to the Basketball Hall of Fame. I will possibly post pictures later, I'm too lazy to right now. It was lots of fun! I'm not nearly as huge a basketball fan as Jay is. Heck, I'm not really much of a basketball fan, at that. But it was cool seeing the history of the sport. I really like all the old stuff they have, like really cool old uniforms and old scoreboards and old basketballs that look like footballs. It's a neat place, if you're at all interested in the sport, and I know Jay really enjoys it.

Then we tried to find a place to grab a bite to eat. We came upon places that I would link to, but I don't want to dirtify your computer. There was a place called "Mardi Gras Gentlemen's Club" whose tagline was "the most beautiful women in the world!" and a place called "Sin City." I don't think I need to say anything else. Needless to say, we went back to eat at the Uno's right next to the Hall of Fame. But hey, if anyone needs a destination for a bachelor party, go to Springfield!

Here's some pics!

me with an old-school Celtics jersey - I think it's made of itchy wool... ouch

Jay tossing the ball into the original basket - a peach basket!

My favorite jersey of all time... the rainbow Nuggets jersey

Jay can jump 9 feet plus! What a man!

I snuck under Bird's arm. Smelly.

Jay loves him.

I tried jumping high, too... could only get to 7 feet... sort of... the kid that kept egging us on helped out immensely.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

that statue of Larry Bird is frightening.

Jay has mad leaping skillz!