
I think I know the key to successful blogging. I define successful blogging as a blog that your friends and family enjoy visiting every day and that elicits insightful discussion amongst them. I'm sure, you know, those "other" kinds of blogs (like the political ones, ones with commentary on, what, world news and such) have completely different criteria, but I'm just talking about little old blogs like mine or Pat and Kate's or Dennis's.
The key(s) is/are: (1) To post about something not too personal, but something lots of people can relate to, like a movie you've just seen; (2) To stick to that one point and not go off on a tangent; (3) Links help, just 'cause they're fun!
I don't follow these three criteria, and for that, I apologize. I tend to just post about what Jay and I have been up to, and I don't post all that often, so my posts tend to cram a bunch of info in with no theme throughout. But hey, that's the way I work, so deal.
CASE IN POINT: Jay got back from his Bailey Boys Weekend and was sick with the same thing I had. We both spent the rest of the week recovering. We're slowly getting back to 100 percent, but we're still not there yet.
We ALMOST flooded with all the rain that's been coming down, but no water actually came into the basement. The cement covering the sewer pipe just got very damp and wet.
Last night we went to Blockbuster and rented Grizzly Man, a documentary that takes the footage of a psuedo-bear expert who lived with grizzly bears in Alaska for 13 summers and edits it into a documentary about the guy - the guy and his girlfriend were mauled and killed by a bear. That's the kicker. We thought it was a really good movie - it's a fascinating look at a man that's a bit delusional but with good intentions, and you kind of get mad at him for being such an idealist and having such delusions about nature, but he's not such a bad guy - he just really, really loves animals, but still, nature is nature and you can't think wild animals actually have human feelings, because hell, they'll kill you if they're hungry.
And today we're going disc golfing, I think. I'm very proud to say that we planned ahead and bought beer yesterday - ah, planning for the future! The earmark of human evolution! Not sure what's going on for the rest of the weekend, with Father's Day and all... I know we'll be putting in the AC soon, though, since it's going to be super muggy and hot.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
4 comments:
Was it the ant or the grasshopper that planned for the future? Ahh, the humanity of animals...
nice photo :)
what kind of beer did you get?
Dos Equis! Delicious. Then we bought Sam Adams. Delicious, as well!
I read a long article about that bear guy. I didn't know there was a movie, maybe I will check it out.
Post a Comment