So Friday night, me, Jay, Erik, Matt, and Lisa went to see Cuddy in the Lowell Comedy Festival. A troupe that she's a part of, The City That Sleeps, performed upstairs at the Old Court. The first two groups, eh, mildly funny. But The City That Sleeps was hilarious - they did a mix of sketches and films, and it was very, very good stuff. If you go to their website, you can click on "Menino for President" at the bottom of the homepage and you can see a very funny film. They have other films up there, too.
We ended up going to Sangria's afterwards, always a great place for a cheap beer and some townie amusement. I love random mediocre bands that play at bars - I think they know about 14 chords, and you can play a lot of standard rock tunes with those chords. If I could sing, I could be in a mediocre townie band... oh, wait, those guys can't sing anyway, so I guess I COULD be in a mediocre townie band!
Anyway, we decided to trot around Lowell in the rain trying to figure out what to do next. Jay, Erik, and I ended up over at Cobblestones for the afterparty. Jay made friends with a nice townie lady with 4 teeth named Kathy whose husband had fallen asleep so she snuck out to go drinking. My kinda lady. We hung around there for a few beers, and then ended up at the hotel where the performers were staying at. Cuddy was kind enough to let me and Jay crash in her hotel room. We stayed up very late and Cuddy had to get up early to get her hair done in Framingham.
And today Jay left super early this morning to go on his annual Bailey Boys Weekend, a.k.a. Father/Son Weekend (I prefer the former, only because the latter sounds a little like a Hallmark card). We spent last night preparing delicious foods for his trip, packing up a bunch of stuff, and doing laundry. Quality time! He'll be gone until Tuesday. They go up to Warren Island in Maine. They kayak out then sleep in hammocks. Sounds good to me! I guess they have prisoners chop firewood there, so there's tons and tons of free firewood you can use. I smell bonfire.
Today I get to go to my mom's cousin's daughter's baby's christening. (?) I have a very large family, and some of these people I don't really know, and my mom's cousin's daughter is one of those people. I went to the baby shower, so I guess I should go to the christening. Then later on I'm going back to my hometown to visit Laura who's home from Chicago, and she's having a little BBQ at her parents house. Should be a good day.
The weather's beautiful! Everyone should stop reading this post and go outside and do something! I mowed the lawn this morning! Fun shit, man!!
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment