I just spent about 20 minutes revisiting old posts from the infancy of indianspring.blogspot.com. Some made me laugh, some I skipped over, but it's funny because most of the posts in the first two or so months actually had to do with our new house (hence I named it indianspring.blogspot.com). After we stopped doing much work on the house, I started posting about other stuff, which, you know, can be exciting and all. But it was fun to look back on when we moved in and the days before we actually had set a wedding date.
So reading those made me want to post more about what's been going on here at Indian Spring Road. Today Jay did some yard work - he mowed the front lawn and backyard. We were worried about the look of our front lawn because we don't know what we're doing when it comes to having a nice lawn, and the entire springtime consisted of a semi-bare lawn. But recently some new grass started growing. It's a different color green than the rest of the lawn, but hey, it's freakin' grass, so shut your pie-hole, neighbors! (Okay, our neighbors haven't actually said anything about our not-perfect lawn, I'm just paranoid that they've been thinking it.) I tried to use hedge trimmers/clipper/shears things to trim the jungle that's become the shrubs in front of our house. I let them get so out of control that when I trimmed them to what they actually should be trimmed to, there ended up being stumps in the bushes. It'll grow in...
We also took a really nice swim over at the state park. It's definitely the highlight of living here, being so close to Ashland State Park. We just walk on over with our noodles, float around for a while, and walk on home. Some people are scared of swimming in lakes and/or ponds, but man, the water is so refreshing, there's not a lot of people swimming in the places that weren't built as a beach, and it's so closeby!
Tomorrow we're going out to central Mass. to have a BBQ with my fam. My sister and her husband are building a house on the land that they live on now (they've been living in a purple mobile home for a while), so we'll get to see the foundation and beginnings of framing they have so far. And we'll get to see my nephew, who's so adorable. Maybe we'll even get home in time to see some fireworks somewhere!
I hope everyone has a safe fourth!
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment