Thursday, October 27, 2005

Other goings-on

So my last post (a) had a random picture of Jay, and (b) mentioned something about taking classes. Well, I researched the kinds of classes that colleges/tech schools offered around here, and hell, they're not that great. Okay, granted, I have no idea what I want to do or what kind of classes I want to take, but the ones that sound interesting on the surface end up having already started or end up not being not what I really expected. I truly thank everyone for their suggestions - I looked up all the continuing ed classes at all the suggested schools offered... I think I just have to wait until next semster, and I also think I have to not be so picky... I don't know what I want to learn, so I say, "I don't want that," but when I see a class I'm on the fence about, I automatically say, "I don't want that!" So what do I want??

Well, enough about my so-called academic endeavors... Jay's getting into full force with the Get Buckets Brigade. He went to the last preseason game on Wednesday, and somehow managed to hold an Asian baby on his lap. You'll have to ask him about that. He and Matt are semi-major celebs in Celtics circles! I hope to attend a few games as a non-member of the Brigade in order to somehow document the Brigade song being played on the JumboTron. (The C's media peeps have told Jay and Matt that they'll play the song that Jay & Matt wrote about Ricky on the JumboTron during the opening day game! All I have to do is sneak my camera in...) I know that Jay works a lot of overtime, so hopefully he'll be able to put in extra hours on days when there's not C's games to compensate... but we'll see. It's all very surreal. Jay has freakin' season tickets!! C'mon!!

Well, that's it from here. October has been much too short and much too cold, and soon we'll turn the clocks back and it will be winter after that. We're coming up on a year living in the Indian Spring house... it's pretty much the same as last year, but soon there'll be some changes. Maybe. God bless saving money for a long time and then spending it in one fell swoop! (That's a reference to it costing $4000 to take trees down. That's just inhumane!! Because, shit, $4000 is a shitload of money!) Sorry for saying "shit" so much. But hey, all I gotta say is that life hits you with things you totally don't expect, and as long as you can keep up, then you're doing okay.

No comments: