Thursday, October 20, 2005

Another flooded basement

Well, we didn't get to go to the White Mountains last weekend, but we did spend some time up in Beverly with Jay's parents. When we got home on Sunday (well, when I got home; Jay had to work all day), I found the basement was flooded. Which I guess was to be expected... even though we bought a house whose basement was "guaranteed" never to have water in it. ::shaking fist at previous homeowners::

So other things going on: didn't get to go to Hell Night, it was booked up over a month ago... Jay went to his first Celtics game (preseason) last night at the TD Banknorth Garden last night, and the Buckets Brigade was on TV for a bit... we have no heat, so I'm waiting for someone from Nstar to fix it... we're getting our wedding pics back tonight yay!... I've been considering signing up for some classes at different places, who knows if I'll actually follow through... I had Chinese food last night yum!... I want to hire a housekeeper because I'm a wimp who hates cleaning... I want Jay and I to be millionaires by age 55, even though it'll only be worth $411,070 by then... y'know, same old stuff, different day.

I was also considering again joining a gym, but if I know myself well (and I think I do), if the place I join is in like Framingham or something, there's no way I'll want to drive 20 minutes there to exercise. So I noticed this place in the CVS plaza about a mile from our house, it's called "Feel Good! Fitness for Women," and I assumed it was going to be like a Curves-kind of setup or something. Well, click here. It is. I might drop by anyway to see if they actually have treadmills or stair-climbers instead of strange specialized contraptions that you sit in for 4 minutes at a time and then rotate.

Apparently, Jay and the rest of the Get Buckets Brigade got tickets to the Celtics' open practice on Sunday, and they can bring a guest. So looks like we're going to see the Celtics practice! It'll be a fun way to spend a rainy day.

Well, my fingers are cold and numb... can't type anymore... where's Mr. Nstar??

No comments: