Friday, October 14, 2005

I can't think of good titles, here.

Didn't look like we had too many takers for Hell Night (see post below), but I'm going to make a reservation for 6 people for Wednesday night, and just let me know if you're interested. (I know you are, Dennis)

So this weekend we had been offered to use our realtor's condo up in the White Mountains for $50. Okay. That might sound odd. Yes, we still keep in touch with our realtor - only because he keeps sending us little notes every 3 or so months to check in (they're on company stationary), and when Jay got into the Get Buckets Brigade, I emailed him (our realtor) to let him know. (Our realtor is also a Celtics fan.) So when he emailed back saying how embarrassing that bucket-on-the-head thing is, he offered to let us use his condo for ultra-cheap. So we took him up on it. But now it looks as though we might not be able to go, because Jay's been super-busy at work. He's been working 12- to 14-hour days all week, and he might have to work this weekend. He's a damn hard worker, and I'm proud of him! Although if we do go, it'll still be raining up there as the sun comes out here. So we'll see.

Last weekend we had a tree guy come give us an estimate of what it'd cost to take down some of our problem trees. It was a very expensive quote. But we must take the trees down so we can put on a new roof (also expensive). There's many, many things we'd like to do with the house - if only we both made hundreds of thousands of dollars a year... We'll get there in about 10 or so years' time, though. Little by little...

Last night I was messing with Abe's head (not too hard because he's not too bright) - I was tossing Goldfish crackers into the air and catching them in my mouth, but he didn't realize I had caught them, so he was all freaking out about where they landed. I wanted to get the video camera - he'd look at me, start shaking, try to follow the path of the cracker, but then get all confused when he didn't hear it land. He'd just sniff around frantically, then run up to me, start shaking, start whining and barking... and then I'd do it again. He got his fair share of crackers, though, 'cuz he's so damn cute.

No comments: