Sunday, October 23, 2005

Classes?


I've been toying with the idea, and I think it's a good one, of taking some classes during the evening. God bless continuing education, for reasons I shall soon be enlightened by (hopefully).

So I get pretty bored very easily. My job is very boring, and most days consist of not doing anything. Literally. So I get very bored, which makes every minute feel like an hour. I leave my boring job, and I come home, where I don't have much to do, so I get bored again. (Oh, sure, I could, y'know, CLEAN or something, but that's something I dislike very much.) I realize that I've created this boredom cycle where I'm bored at work and I'm bored at home, and boredom makes my days go by soooo much slower, so I feel kinda crappy about myself by being so bored. Cure to boredom? Classes!

I've realized that late October is not such a great time to look at enrolling in classes at various schools, because most classes happening near this time have already started. Take Arnis, the Art of Filipino Stick Fighting. Oh, sure, you wouldn't think I would be interested in something like that, but Christ! that's just damn interesting! But it already started. Or Astronomy. I've always been intersted in the heavens. But that, too, has already begun... If only I had the continuing education itch one month ago.

But that doesn't mean I won't sign up at some point! I just have to be aware of semesters and such. Semesters have lost meaning to me since I left college. God, it's 2005?? I graduated in 2001? (Should have been 2000 if I didn't stop going to classes in my junior year... doh!) So four years of constant work with no 3-month vacation have skewed my concept of semesters. I shall soon get into the swing of things, as long as I keep checking in on these classes.

Hey, if you know of any college/technical schools that offer classes around the Ashland area, let me know! I find it difficult to search for such things on the Internet. But that just means I'm bad at searching for things on the Internet...

1 comment:

dennis said...

MassBay Community College is nearby. Keefe Tech has Continuing Ed classes. The Danforth if you want to do something artsy. And there's alway the old FSC.