Monday, April 04, 2005

Oh, the ongoing woes of homeownership

So the basement flood? It's pretty bad. Jay's been at work pretty much non-stop for the past week and a half, I've been making tons of phone calls trying to figure out who's responsible for the basement being broken, and neither of us have gotten much sleep. The trench that they dug to put the sewer pipe in was, from what I can surmise, done completely wrong. Nobody (not the town, the previous homeowner, or the contractor who put the pipe in) wants to take responsibility, which REALLY gets to me. I just wish people wouldn't lie, cheat, and point fingers at the other guy.


In other news, I started my job in Marlboro today. Commute = sweet; Job atmosphere = not so sweet. I must look like I'm a 12-year-old special needs kid, because anything I requested or said was replied with by a blank stare and a silence, and then a continuation of some other conversation. Ah, well... if my job was the only thing on my mind, I'd be really upset about it. At this point, I don't give a rat's ass. Speaking of rodents, I found a dead mouse floating in the flood! ::activate gag reflex here::

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Oh no! How crappy! Stupid finger pointing finger pointers!

What a crappy week for Jay to have to work so much, too. I should really be posting on mayaloge.

Hope things turn out ok for you guys!