Sunday, April 17, 2005

Keggin' the beer, workin' it, workin' it.

Well, it's Sunday. The day before the Marathon. Do you know what that means? Hopefully it means people will show up here at 8 Indian Spring Road today and eat our food and drink our beer! We really didn't get much cleaning or home-preparation done yesterday (we just shopped), so I have to get my a-s-s in gear to get everything all nice and clean for our guests. But first, I have to of course keg the very special batch of Indian Spring Ale.

It is called such because after you cook the wort, it's still wicked hot and stays as such for a long time, like a baked potato. So in order to pitch the yeast, it has to cool down to about 65 degrees. I can never think of ways to cool it down, but Jay suggested I put the bucket in the spring in the backyard. Brilliant!

If you read this and you don't show up, I'll be mad. Mad little Erin!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Oh, we'll be there. Shit yeah!

Back in the day, in Boy Scouts, we use to keep our drinks cool by resting them in the river. Brilliant then, brilliant now!