Sunday, April 03, 2005

**Weekends are for flooding and gay weddings**

Where to start? I'll start from now. I arrived home around 11:00 a.m., and Jay informed me the basement flooded. (I'll get to where I was arriving from later.) So he's been working his ass off on this 3D bridge animation (can't go into too much details, knowwhatimean?), which he thought was deadlined on Friday. Apparently the lawyers who requested the animation want more, so Jay's at work now haggling with them. So he might be at work another 80+ hours this week... but I digress. He's at work right now, his brain already fried from work and Abe's illness, so I told him I'd take care of everything with the flood. And I'm trying, man! I'm really trying! I've got fans blowing, ShopVacs sucking, and the plastic cover of a mini file box as a squeegie. I have no idea where exactly the water's coming from, but I'm leaning towards the sewer. (Ewwww...) I ShopVac'd all the area around where the sewer pipe is, it was all nice and not flooded, and I just checked over there again and there's lots more water. ::sigh::
<

And I arrived home at 11 this morning after I attended my friend Patrick's wedding last night, which also happened to be my very first gay wedding. It was in Boston (I'll punch whoever else gets married in Boston, all right, folks?), and it took me an extra half hour to find the freakin' place, but the ceremony thankfully hadn't started when I got there. I got a video camera thrust into my hands from someone, so I was the instant videographer. The ceremony was really nice, and they had a cocktail reception after that. It was great to see my old pals from college. One dark stain on the thing: one of the busboys was INSANE. He yelled at Cuddy, then laughed at me, and when I confronted him about him laughing at me, he pretended to be my buddy. I think he was drunk. Then we had extended discussions -- okay, arguments -- about if we were going to the afterparty. But first I had to find my damn car. Boston Common Garage can bite me! I couldn't find my way out, no less find my way back to where my car was. Luckily, Saint Anthony represented, and I found the good ol' Altima. In the meantime, the afterparty had been moved to 4 different locations, and we had no idea what was happening next. Apparently they decided on the Club Cafe, I somehow found a kick-ass parking spot (no, really kick-ass, man), and we only stayed for a drink. Actually, not even a whole drink; Cuddy and Kerry had fallen soldiers! I bought the round, so I tried swigging them, but damn if I didn't have my own Sam Adams to finish. Then we found our way to Hong Kong Restaurant, (me having to piss like a racehorse all the while) where apparently they have "the best" Chinese food. Not true, folks! Nasty nasty nasty. Ewwww. And some huge black guy reminicent of Lance Romance from FSC came over and said he just wanted to talk to "Jennifer"... I just looked at him and said, "Buddy, there's no Jennifer sitting at this table." Then to Cuddy's apartment where we crashed and slept. I drove one of my friends to Lawrence. Then I came home. To a flood.

Was that the longest post ever? Am I trying to procrastinate on finishing ShopVaccing? Yeah. You knows it.

No comments: