Saturday, April 09, 2005

Man, I love the warmer weather

We had Dennis and Erik over last night, and Cuddy showed up for a bit, too. We had horseshoes, LED frisbee throwing...
we had firewood

we had homebrew

we had smores

we had hot dogs on the fire

and it was a blast. I still have to find a firewood supplier, as we will probably be having a backyard fire most every night.

And I'm also very excited for the Marathon Monday action that is soon to happen -- yay, Pat and Kate are showing up, too! (I just checked the good ol' Evite...) I would like to have good homebrew to serve, and that gingerbread beer is just too much of a spicy thing to actually enjoy, so I found a recipe that only takes 7 days to ferment and I plan on making it today and having it ready for kegging. It's just a simple little pale ale that most people should like. God bless the outdoors!

3 comments:

Patrick said...

can't wait. should we bring anything?

dennis said...

Pat, bring your robot!

Erin said...

To bring to Marathon [Sunday] party: yourselves, special alcoholic bevs if you want (I have vodka and some mixers), sweater, possibly lawn chairs if you have them, any special foods you want cooked on the grill... but we should be mostly taken care of other than that. Weee!