I know it's 1:16 in the morning, and I'm tired and stuff, and I had a few pops, but I wanted to say that I've been thinking about stuff a lot and have come up with very good philosophical explanations for the way I think, which is empowering, but then when you get so caught up in thoughts and frivolous thinking, real life totally has to rear its ugly head! I've recently taken on an intern at work, which I was scared to do, but I dove in and took the chance, and she ended up being completely awesome and stuff, so I've been totally psyched about that; and then life rears its ugly head and I get crapped on in other ways at work, which I won't go into because it's not interesting, but now I have a whole nother (studio?) issue to deal with on top of training a fantastic intern.
I have to go into work on Monday and deal with really stupid stuff, but what it boils down to is I've been too nice for the past three years, and usually when you do a good job, you get rewarded; but in certain situations, you try to be nice and do the right thing, and then people take advantage of you. And I am being taken advantage of, beyond reasonable advantage (which doesn't make any sense), and so I am putting my foot down - I'm going to go to the window, open the window, and say, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"
And I have all these fantasies about "I'll show them!" or "They'll get what's coming to them!" and stuff (and who's "them," even?), but I know in the end, I'll be the reasonable person who makes sense of things and works things out in a very reasonable, logical way.
Anyway, that was all very, very vague, and that's exactly the way I wanted it, but I had to vent a little on the Internet, and maybe I'll post more about it, but maybe I won't.
P.S. Has anyone heard from Mike Mailman? How's Jessica and the baby doing?
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been in one job where being nice (doing the right thing?) got me walked on, and then in my current job where being nice actually let me keep my job despite moving 750 miles from their headquarters. It's a tough balance.
Good luck tomorrow! Kate and I are rooting for you, based entirely on your vauge rant!
ps - I just emailed Mike demanding details and updates, but haven't heard anything back yet. He needs a blog! So does Jay.
Thanks Pat! I'm actually in the process of emailing you and Kate, so I'll, uh, talk to you soon...
Post a Comment