Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My purse flooded

Has your purse ever flooded? Mine did today. See, I've been hauling around my old red purse I got from Target. It's okay. But for Christmas I received a really, really cool purse that is made of one zipper that's continuously zipped up till it makes a bag.

Neat! But although I love it, the straps are a very bad design and they don't stay attached to the purse.

Anyway, I had been using my zipper purse, but since the straps keep flying off the thing, I decided to swap back to my old standby. Well, today as I was signing into work, I noticed a little puddle on the ground. Hmm, I thought. I wonder what that's from. Well, my purse was leaking blue-colored water out of itself onto the floor. I reached into my purse and pulled out my (completely empty) water bottle, and then peeked in the purse. There was 3 inches of blue-dyed water in it! Blaahhaa!! I had minimal stuff in the purse since I had recently swapped back, but I still somehow managed to write lots of stuff in blue nonwaterproof pen on a piece of paper and stuff the paper into my purse, where the ink proceeded to get washed away by the leaky water bottle.

Anyway, there I was in the courtroom at 7:15 in the morning with a purse full of blue water, and what, pray tell, are you supposed to do with a leaky purse?? I didn't have anywhere to dump the water; I'm in a courtroom! I think I quickly took everything I could out (including my waterlogged cellphone which now doesn't work) and then I ran to the bathroom, where I dumped the purse water out into the sink.

Now, on my drive in, I was feeling very contemplative and philosophical, thinking about the meaning of life and what really is happiness and all that deep stuff; and then to have a flooded purse? I really wish I had my camera, because even though I was in a melancholy mood, I couldn't help but realize how funny that was. I was dumping blue water out of my purse into the sink at work. I don't know; maybe I just didn't get enough sleep last night.

I proceeded to have a very strange day, full of incompetent attorneys and higher-ups not doing their job and an old Italian woman dumping out the contents of HER purse onto counsel table; the contents included pill bottles and medical bills. It wasn't blue water. If it was, I would have spewed V8 out my nose.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sorry to hear about the bad restaurants and flooded purse! I have had pens explode in my purse but never a bottle of water.

We haven't been out to eat much recently, glad to hear we aren't missing anything. :)