Hi, there. I have LOTS of stuff I want to post about, but I've been pretty busy the past week, so I literally haven't had the time to sit and focus on writing stuff. So to bide the time while I come up with a post, here's the post recapping 2006 that I never finished. It's at least half the year....
Here it is!
"I was going to recap December, but decided that I'd steal Pat and Kate's idea and recap the whole damn year.
January
We didn't do anything exciting for New Year's. I was still struggling with getting cold sores. Some TV we'd been watching: Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe, Country Boys, and the Puppy Bowl. We also painted the living room and the fireplace. At the end of January of 2006, I lost all the info on my PDA, and I was very sad about that. I was playing Tetris on it on Jan. 24th and it froze. I had entered lots of random stuff you'd usually forget about, like what we had for dinner each night and funny things we've said. Ricky Davis also got traded from the Celtics, in the middle of Jay's role as a season-ticket-holding member of the Get Buckets Brigade.
February
I had signed up for a personal trainer for a week, and that was fun while it lasted. I got more cold sores, had taken a week of sick time because of them, and finally switched PCPs to go to a doctor that specialized in infectious diseases (eww, infectious...). Since then, I've been cold-sore free (yay!) - I had hoped in a previous post that he would give me magic medicine, and he did. Jay got me delicious steak and asparagus and mashed potatoes from John Stone's for Valentine's Day, and I made him two kinds of mac and cheese. We had fun watching Olympic curling. We celebrated Jay's birthday at Daniela's Cantina, and it was great seeing everyone. I think Fun and Games was visited at some point during the night, but it was closed; then some people came over our house and we stayed up late drinking and playing Trivial Pursuit on the TV. We also went to Winterfest in Lowell.
March
My nephew Mason was christened. Jay got a promotion at his job. We spent St. Patrick's Day at Daniela's Cantina (so not Irish). We discovered Pandora.com. We watched The Loop and American Inventor. Jay got himself some new tires at BJ's. I bought some books about landscaping and dressing myself. I brewed a batch of beer in preparation for the Marathon Monday party.
April
Abraham's bum broke and he had to have some minor surgery done. He made a very quick recovery. I helped my parents clean out their basement in preparation of my brother and his wife moving in - they needed the basement to store stuff, and they were moving in so they could save some money for a house. We bought a wheelbarrow and put together the hammock that Jay got as a birthday present from my mom. I was still trying out that whole "working out" thing - I tried out Gold's Gym in Ashland, I tried going to the Y in F'ham... Jay picked up the foosball table from Josh's place (when he lived with Dennis). I got some foosball lessons from Jay. We also tried grilling lots of different veggies for the first time - broccoli and carrots, along with the usual asparagus, zucchini, and peppers. Deliciousness! Jay makes a prediction that edible hats will come into style during our lifetime (I have no idea what prompted that prediction). We had our Marathon Monday party. I was looking into going back to school for some sort of psychology degree, and attended an open house at Lesley University. I tried making homemade veggie burgers, which didn't work out too well.
May
We got some trees down in the beginning of the month. Jay was working on a very big project for work and was staying late in the office a lot. Jay decided he'd start collecting rookie cards from prominent Celtics team members. We went to Kate's surprise birthday party in the midst of a week-long rain. Our backyard flooded after that week-long rain (but our basement remained dry). Charmed has its final episode (man, I loved that show).
June"
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice post! Although I don't know about the edible hats idea... I wouldn't really want to eat something that had been on someone's head... I don't like to find even one of my own hairs in my food. But maybe I just need to hear more details to be convinced...
:)
Maybe edible hair nets could keep the hair out of the edible hats. Or better yet, edible hair mmm. I just think edible hats is one of those dumb things that could actually catch on. Like if Brad Pitt had one everybody would be like "I need that."
Just for the record, that "comment deleted" thing was Jay trying to retort to Kate's antihat comment, and we had trouble signing into his Blogger account, so he tried signing in as "simonopboba," and somehow he managed to post a comment that said "simon" - that's all I gotta say.
That is true. Brad Pitt almost convinced me to get a memory foam mattress until I saw how very expensive they were... But I did find myself saying well if Brad Pitt says we should get one, we should get one. After all he could have ANY bed in the world.
Post a Comment