Saturday, July 02, 2005

Crazy dayz

So we've been having fun times these past few days - weeee! Last night we went to the Mendon Drive-In and saw War of the Worlds. It was really good, actually. A great movie to see at the drive-in.

Then today we had some breakfast, and decided to go kayaking and swimming. But first we had to get floatie mattresses 'cuz we're lazy. So we went to Target for swimmy shoes and Wal-Mart for cheap floatie mattresses.

We bought 3- and 5-lb. excercise balls at Wal-Mart. It was a stupid purchase, but how could we resist when Jay was having so much fun juggling them? (This picture wasn't Photoshopped.)

Then we got home, packed up lots of tasty foods, and kayaked out onto the reservoir at Ashland State Park and had ourselves a feast.

We created lots of different combinations of treats, and I think this one was called the "Barnacle Bob" or something. We also created others such as Guantanamo Bay, Dead Fishies, the Frog, and the Erin Special. Guantanamo Bay was my favorite.

Also, I was VERY upset, because I flipped over on the floatie mattress and lost my new sunglasses I had bought that day, and I also lost my beautiful red hat to a gust of wind! It fell in the water, and I thought it would float, but it got waterlogged and sank slowly as Jay tried with all his might to paddle back towards it. I loved that hat... my collapsable hat... R.I.P.

Tonight we just might go see fireworks (ooooooo ilovefireworks........) We'll just have to see. But we've been having lots and lots of fun, and I think everyone should float around the warm water on floatie mattresses!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Very impressive treats! Sounds like a fun day.

Mikko said...

I guess you'll have to go to Poultry Days next year.