Friday, July 22, 2005

Oh, friends from the Alley

First of all, is it selfish to go back to your own blog to see if people commented? If so, declare me guilty. I was happily surprised to see that Kevin from the Alley (yes, remember the Alley??) had commented on my last blog post! I always liked that Kevin, and I was so excited that he took the time to comment - thanks, Kevin! I like your blog - I commented a few times, even if they're completely irrelevant...

In other news, Jay and I tried to paint candles last night. It didn't work too well.



Apparently, acrylic paint doesn't stick to waxy candles. I can't imagine why, since acrylic paint is water-based and candles are oily... (that's facetious; water and oil don't mix). Oh, why were we painting candles, you ask? We were trying to paint candles as centerpieces for the wedding. Umm, I realize that I'm not very crafty. If I were, then MAN would I like A.C. Moore a whole hell of a lot more!
p.s. that middle picture includes sour Starburst as decorations. Sticky in humid weather, let me tell you!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I don't know if you are looking for ideas, but.... You could buy some nice paper and wrap it around the bottom of the candles and then either cut out squares or try to find special hole punches that have different size squares, layer them and then glue them onto the paper that you wrap around the candle...

Erin said...

Thanks, Kate! I'm not very crafty, so trying to figure out how to decorate candles was like figuring out how to implant titanium knees. (?) That's a good idea - I'll have to take another trip to A.C. Moore for another try :)

dennis said...

I have two ideas. One of them is based on Kate's good idea, which is that I work at a printshop and we can take the design from the invites and print it on paper or transparencies and use that to wrap.

The other idea is, if your self-conscious about your selfishess, you can go to your blogger settings and provide an email address to notify you everytime someone comments on your blog. It's way more convenient, but depending on how many comments you get can be just as disappointing.

Patrick said...

I like the comment email-notification. I use it on our site. When we had that post that got 20+ comments on it last month, that was pure email bliss.