Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Bottlin' beer
Well, I just finished bottling a batch of homebrew. Bottling beer is tough work, let me tell you. You have to sanitize every bottle in bleach water and then rinse and then drain, you have to lug the 5-gallon bucket full of beer up to a height where you can easily siphon it into the bottling bucket, you have to then lug the bottling bucket up to a height where you can easily attach the bottle filler, you have to sanitize all the tubing, you have to sanitize all the bottle caps, you have to fill each beer bottle (I'm talking about 45-50 here), then cap each bottle. Hard on the back. But I hope to have two more batches ready by the time the wedding rolls around, but we'll see where my motivation leads. I've been known to say I'm going to do something and then not do it. Sounds crazy, I know, but it's true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've tasted your beers before and I'd say the hard work pays off. Of what variety is the new batch?
'Tis a wheat beer. I plan on doing a light beer (this batch), a medium beer (like a Sam Adams), and a dark beer (maybe a porter).
Post a Comment