I spent 2 1/2 days in classes learning different ways to facilitate a group of people with a mental illness diagnosis, which could be easy or could be very difficult. I met lots of great people, had lots of good food (too much food, methinks, because I'm on Weight Watchers now and I totally didn't keep track of my points). A few of us also played Cranium on Fri. and Sat. night. which resulted in many laughs and poorly drawn Miss Americas.
So here's a shameless request for donations for our NAMI Walk that Jay, Matt, Lisa (Matt's girlfriend), and I are participating in.
"I would like to ask you to come and walk with me or to donate to support my participation in this great event. Visit my personal walker page to sign up: http://www.nami.org/namiwalks0
For those of you who have donated already, we thank you so very much! If anyone else is interested (oh, I know you're ALL interested) and would like to donate, it really is very easy. Any amount is appreciated. The walk is on Saturday, May 31st. I guess last year there were like 7,000 people there! I couldn't believe that number. They're going to have lots of refreshments and music and stuff, so if you'd like to actually come join us in walking or want to just watch, it's at 11:00 a.m. at Artesani Park, along the Charles River. It'll be a 3-mile walk. Small beans! (Is that a phrase that's commonly used or did I just make that up?)
In other news, I have a new favorite film. No Country for Old Men. I have a crush on Javier Bardem, who played the psychotic bad guy with no sense of humor in this movie.

He won an Oscar for his role in the film (and the film won Best Picture), and his portrayal of this murderous man with a great haircut is just mes-mer-iz-ing. Personally, I think he should have been the star of the film, not Tommy Lee Jones. But that's just the way it is. You should definitely check out the movie if you haven't already. Ooo, so good. And ooo, such a crush on Javier Bardem...

I shall end this long post now. I have to pee.
4 comments:
Better then Fight Club?
No, not as good as Fight Club, but almost, but in a different way. Hard to explain, I guess... but damn, it was good!
Nice, I'll check it out.
I think FC is like 10 years old this year? Seems to have held up well.
Good luck on your walk!
Nice. Your group meets my interests and I would like to subscribe to it's newsletter.
BTW, Remind us of the walk (I know it's the 31st)...This house stuff has our heads in a mess, but we're looking forward to walkin'.
Post a Comment