Monday, May 19, 2008

Detroit rocks!

So Jay's at a business conference in Detroit until Friday, and I'm oh so lonely. I just have Abe to keep me company, but he smells like flea and tick medicine so I don't want him to sleep in the bed with me.

In other news, Jay and I went to see my new friend Carter (who I met at the NAMI conference) at a choral concert in Boston. It was nice - even though we totally couldn't find our way into Boston. We were supposed to meet at the Public Garden pavilion, and we had no idea how to drive to the parking garage, so we did the only thing we knew how: drive to Lechmere and take the green line in. We were late for dinner (isn't there some kind of saying that goes something like that?) but still had time to eat at Legal Seafoods. Then we mulled about Newbury Street until the concert. Carter sings bass, and the men totally get the fuzzy end of the lollipop when it comes to singing. It's mostly the women that do the singing, and then sometimes the men will join in. It was Shakespeare bits and pieces set to music. It was pretty nice.

We planted a whole new lawn. There's some grass coming up now, which I'm very excited about. We rented a rototiller and I rototilled the front lawn twice, then we seeded it twice and fertilized it. Please, grass, grow!

And on June 1st, we're off to Bermuda! Yay yay yay! June 1s through the 8th. We're going on a cruise leaving from Boston. We can't wait. Can't wait!!

No comments: