Here's some pics:
This is my most favorite picture of Abe ever. EVER. We went for a walk over at the state park a week or two or three ago (I can't remember!), and I took lots of pics. The reservoir was all frozen over and covered with snow, so you couldn't tell where the land ended and the ice began. I digress... he just looks damn handsome!

During this little walk in the park, if you will, I totally slid down the huge hill that's a dam. The snow had frozen solid so that you could just walk over it without falling through, but the downside to that is if you stand anywhere but flat ground, you slide. I wanted to get a picture of something on the very edge of the hill, and I lost my footing (what footing?) and started to vit-vit-VIIT! down the very steep slope. I screamed, "JAY!!" and he yelled, "HAMMER! HAMMER!" meaning I should hammer my foot or elbow into the ice. As I flew down the hill, I slammed my heel into the ice and stopped myself, and Jay came sliding after me. This pic is taken right after I stopped, and we both couldn't stop laughing, even though I probably could have either broken my neck, or at least gotten some nasty ice burns.

A few more pics from that day:



Another pic of handsome Abe:

Jay got me a four-track recorder for Valentine's Day. Dennis, this might look familiar to you:

I haven't had a chance to actually try it out yet, unfortunately... I've been super, super distracted by work stuff, and I mean DIS-tracted! Woo!
And here's a really cool pic jay took. I like very much:

Anyhoo, I applied for a new job yesterday, and I have an interview next Friday for it. It's a job that's still within the state, and still court-reporting related, but I guess it's called manager of training and certification, or something... It sounds like a brand-new position within a brand-new office, and the person they hire would be in charge of (from what I gather) coming up with testing protocols and training programs for per diem court reporters, transcriptionists, and court recording monitors (and I'm not even sure what a court recording monitor IS, exactly). Actually, they throw around the term "certified court transcriptionist," and maybe I'm just bad at online research, but I couldn't find anything that defines a certified court transcriptionist. Hey, if I get the job, maybe I'LL define it! Ooos...
Jay's been doing lots and lots of stuff around the house - lots of cooking, lots of cleaning, lots of making the bed, lots of doing dishes, even pitching in with laundry! He's been a big help, because I mostly despise all that homemaker stuff and I've been super distracted with work stuff, so he's taken the initiative and done lots of stuff to help out. I can't thank him enough! I'm much better at the whole being bogged down by the nine-to-five job than I am at keeping a nice balance of keeping house and working. I like to throw all my eggs in one basket; that basket currently being work. Jay's got lots of eggs in lots of baskets; those baskets being freelancing, researching, reading, cleaning, cooking, doing dishes, learning, dancing, eating... I could go on.
1 comment:
I love the photos, especially Abe on your head...
Post a Comment