Saturday, July 29, 2006

Adventures of the week

As you know, Jay's been in the hospital with Lyme Disease, waiting for his heart to recover from the infection. It's been quite a week - lots of funny things have happened, lots of crazy things, and save for the fact that my husband's heart wasn't working, the whole ordeal was rather painless. Jay should be out of the hospital either tomorrow or Monday.

They took out the temporary pacemaker for good today, and his heart seems to be going strong. It apparently still has a first-degree block, but that isn't very serious and should clear up on its own, and is not threatening to his health or life or anything. We kept the wire that rested on his heart to send the electrical impulses that kept his heart beating. The doctor thought Jay was weird for asking if he could keep it as a souvenier, but then when I came back into the room, I asked the same exact thing. So either the doctor's weird for not thinking it, or both Jay and I are weird. Take your pick.

Perhaps I will post some pics soon (yes, I am the geek that took some pics in a hospital. You'll be glad I did in 20 years when you look back on it!). Anyway, it's off to bed - this whole thing should soon be over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

give Jay my best.

good work keepin'the wire...belongs in a little case...lol.

~Kevin from the ole alley