


So I made Jay two kinds of mac and cheese (the one pictured has asparagus and caramelized shallots; but he liked the other one, with roasted poblano and tomato-cilantro salsa, better), and Jay got me a fresh, juicy steak straight from John Stone's in Ashland for Valentine's Day. I also got him his Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, and he got me Otter Creek Stovepipe Porter. Is it strange that we get each other food and beer for Valentine's Day? Jay had various women asking him if he was going to get me Beanie Babies or stuffed animals for Valentine's Day. No, thanks; I'd rather have a rare steak with a side of mashed potatoes and asparagus. MMMmmMMMmm!! But I think if he actually told them that, they might be a little frightened. ::shrug::
Well, it's finally back to work tomorrow, after a whole 8 days of being out. It's going to be strange, but I'll be glad to be out of the house. Although it was fun hanging out with Abe all day. But it'll be a good transition because I have Monday off, so it'll be a little taste of the old grind, then a long weekend.
That's about all! Jay's birthday is coming up. I'm not really sure what we're doing, if anything. I was thinking maybe about meeting up for drinks (and steak?? oh, not for Jay...) at John Stone's on the 25th (not this Sat., but next). We'll see what transpires.
1 comment:
Matt, I got confused because I got your comment emailed to me, and you're at our house right now, and our house smells like mac and cheese, so I got all confused thinking you had JUST posted that comment about the mac and cheese in the fridge, not in the picture, and that you wanted to go to John Stone's tonight, even though some All Star stuff is happening... I'm okay now, though.
Post a Comment