The recycling thing actually worked. I saved cans and glass jars and cardboard, and I put them all in the bin as best I could, and the nice men in big trucks who take all that stuff actually took it and left an empty bin! We're very proud.
Jay's been recently working on putting down a new kitchen floor. Fancy, you say; yes, but we found a sneaky way around ripping up the old linoleum:
Ooo, that's nice. Jay's dad suggested we not rip up the old two (yes, two) layers of linoleum and try to level out the floor ourselves; he suggested this stuff that's like wood but it's not, and you just nail it down on top of the old stuff in order to make a nice smooth clean surface for the vinyl stick-down tiles we got. Brilliant!
Jay finished putting all the wood-material stuff down, so probably this weekend we'll put down the tiles. So exciting!
Also, we've finally started sort of planning the wedding (don't you love how much I say "sort of" and "kind of"?)... This morning (Sat.) me and Jay and Chris Cuddy are headed to the Sturbridge Host Hotel to check out the accommodations and maybe set up a wedding. Weeee! Sort of.
No comments:
Post a Comment