Friday, February 25, 2005

Happy birthday to Jay

Yesterday was Jay's birthday, and he turned 27. I keep thinking I'm 27, too, but I'm not. I made Jay a veggie lasagna. Turns out that Kate made Pat lasagna for his birthday. There must be something about lasagna that screams "birthday meal." I was also going to make a pineapple upside down cake, but ran into many obstacles. First, as I was perusing the internet for recipes, there were just too many recipes. I didn't know which one to pick! So I chose one, and as I was copying down the recipe, I said, "Eeeeeeeeee, too hard!" Then at the grocery store, I decided I'd just pick up a box of pound cake mix and some pineapples. Crose enough! But when I went to add the milk into the mix, I realized the milk went bad. I felt like the guy in the song "Someone Left the Cake Out in the Rain."

But I made some kick-ass bruschetta, which made me happy.

So nothing too exciting has been going on at Indian Spring... We are, however, having a little party on Saturday for Jay. Feel free to come along if I know you. (Although I don't think many people I don't know would ever even read this. But maybe.)

No comments: