Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Review of Olympus® VN-5200PC Digital Voice Recorder

Radio Shack

Transfer files directly from the VN-5200PC to your PC through the VN-5200PC's PC link.


Great for conference recording

umbellate Woburn, MA 6/24/2009

 

5 5

Pros: Compact Design, Reliable, High Quality Sound, Long Battery Life

Cons: Picks Up Background Noise

Best Uses: Lectures, Courtroom, Conversations

Describe Yourself: Tech Savvy, Court reporter

This model is much better than the Olympus WS-331 that I used to have. The built-in mike has more than adequate sound quality to pick up most voices in a large courtroom with minimal background noise (unless there's air conditioners on or fire trucks going by!). You can also plug your own mike into it; I use a lapel mike, and the sound quality is even better when you want to record people at about 2 feet away from them. Plugging in a "conference grabber" mike makes it have a little more background noise, but picks up more sounds from around the room; however, I prefer to use the built-in mike instead of a conference mike.

I use this as my backup recorder for my court proceedings, and there's been a few times when I've needed to rely on it for the sanctity of my job! It's come through every time; I can hear what people are saying, who's saying what, and am able to transcribe every word. It's a great little device at a great price!

()

No comments: