Sunday, March 23, 2008

I know, I know, it's been another long while

So here is another post, for those of you who still visit here and there.

Some news since last time I posted: All of our aquatic life that we had has now passed away. We will miss Houlihan, Ruby, and Val. Oh, and those fish and ghost shrimp; though we never cared much for them (as they roll around in their sewer graves).

Jay's been very, very busy with schoolwork and working full time. He's always working on something, coming up with new ideas and doing lots of research. I'm very, very proud of him for working so hard! He's a pretty smart (and handsome) guy. Don't you think?


We also signed up for the National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) walk on May 31st where we'll walk a whopping three miles from Brighton to Boston in order to support NAMI's cause. C'mon, we all know someone who's crazy, right? If you'd like to help our cause, you can click here: Jaywalkers. What you can do, if you'd like to donate, is just click either on Bailey, Erin or Bailey, Jason on the bottom of the page, then it'll take you to our personal websites where you can select "sponsor me now." Or, if you'd like, on that first page, you can click to walk with us! Wouldn't that be fun?? Right now we have Matt and Lisa walking, and we have about three or four more people that might be interested in walking. No pressure, though. (And thanks so much, Pat and Kate!!)

The courthouse in Cambridge I worked in is no longer in operation; we now have a new facility in Woburn. It's much, much nicer than the Cambridge courthouse. I share an office with Chrissy, my carpool buddy. Um, that's about it for that topic.



But I'll save the best for last. Jay and I have purchased a brand-spanking new car! No, not a used car; a car with only 50 miles on it! It's a Honda Fit.
And yes, that's the color we bought it in! Orange! It's for me, and I'm very excited. We get to pick it up tomorrow. It's got great reviews from critics and users alike, so we decided we'd go for it. But now I've got to go type my little ass off in order to pay for it!

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Congrats on the new ride! I really like the Fit, it's cool looking and holds lots of stuff without being goofy. Is it an automatic transmission or manual? What does Abe think of it? Are you getting rid of the Altima?

I demand details and pics when you get it. Congrats again!

ps - Sorry about your aquatic life.

Erin said...

Hey Pat - I knew you'd get a kick out of the car! It's an automatic transmission, but if you read the next post, it tells you about the sport mode. Abe seems to be indifferent about it. The Altima is dead. That's why I got the new car. I had the Altima in the body shop for a few weeks to get a new bumper put on, and when I drove it away, the engine seized because there was no oil in it. Hmm. Plus the front springs had gone, so it made more sense to get something else than sink thousands of dollars into my eight-year-old car.