Saturday, November 04, 2006

Life change!

So Thursday was Jay's last day of work, and now he fancies himself a "domestic goddess," even though he's male. He went grocery shopping yesterday, picked up some veggies, came home, grilled the veggies for a grilled veggie salad for dinner, picked up the house a bit. Then Matt came over to watch the C's game.

On my way home from work, I smelled something burning, saw some smoke coming from under my hood, and then my power steering went and I had strange lights coming on in my dashboard. And I was in the third lane on the Pike in stand-still traffic. I freaked out, tried to cut people off as I frantically headed towards the Watertown exit, and no one would let me in. Massholes! I'm not one to cut people off on highways - I put my blinker on and patiently wait until an opening comes up. I hate when people just cut out in front of you and you have to slam your brakes on. Anyway, I had to cut off a Mac truck. Luckily I was able to get off the exit and head into Watertown (there's no sharp turns, so the fact that my power steering went was sort of okay). I stopped at the first gas station I could find that had a garage bay, barely made the turn into the lot, and asked the guy if they fix cars. Right across the street was their service station, and it was open till 7:00!

So Jay and Matt had to come pick me up while they worked on my car. I guess a belt snapped because the water pump was leaking hot coolant on it, and then some pulley thing locked up. ?? Whatever. It's just funny that that happened the day after Jay quit, because now we can handle being down to one car!

We'll keep you up to date on how Jay's handling his new role as househusband. He's doing great so far!

No comments: