Friday, October 06, 2006

Hi! I'm in a good mood!

Well, here I am posting, and I just want to say that it's a beautiful fall day out, I love the sunshine, I love the different colors the trees are turning, and that's about it. Jay and I are hoping to go apple-picking tomorrow if we have time. I have a super-long transcript I've been working on nonstop for a few days, and if I get lots and lots done, we should be able to sneak in a fall outing.

This past weekend was my nephew Mason's first birthday party, and it's so funny how many cameras -- film, digital, or video -- were there. The kid had NO idea what was going on and mostly looked concerned and overwhelmed the whole time. The absolute funniest thing was when he was presented a little red convertible plastic car he can sit in, and he immediately started crawling all around it, checking it out from all angles. He touched the wheels, moved around to the back, got on his belly and looked underneath the car, crawled around to the front, checked out the stick-on headlights, crawled to the side again, got back on his belly and looked under the car -- it was so, so funny. If only he could have kicked the tires... And he went around like that about eight times!

I brought our video camera and got lots (probably way too much) footage of him. Hopefully I'll edit it on the computer one of these days... It's funny to think about the way people document things. I like to take lots of pictures, but most people get fussy and weirded out by people who take pictures all the time. But then those are the same people who are like, "Oh, I'm so glad you got pictures!" And I say, Well, you were pretty pissed at me at the time... loser. Kidding. And especially with the video camera, it's like, When am I going to ever watch this again? But the footage I had from the day after Mason was born was really cool to watch at his birthday party, even though at the time I felt like a jackass for videotaping it. So now I'm more aware of seemingly insignificant events that I'd like to videotape, like when Abe walks on his hind legs for an extended period of time or the like.

And congrats to the Nth degree to Pat and Kate! They got their offer on a house accepted! Weee!!! I just got to tell you guys, there's still lots of emotions to be felt this coming month, so be prepared! If for any reason it doesn't work out, don't get discouraged - but I'm sure everything will go great. We'll be thinking of you guys! Congrats.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks Erin! And we already have a fire pit. We just have to figure out how to get it down here with all the rest of our stuff.