Yes, it's true I haven't updated this blog in a while. It's not that stuff hasn't been going on, it's just I don't know exactly what to write about. Big life changes for some folks - Pat & Kate have moved to North Carolina, Cuddy has moved to Chicago... and they all left on the same day (Tuesday). Weird.
Pat and Kate moving down south prompted Jay and I to reconsider our life situation a little bit. He has a fantasy of moving down south (but not too far south) sometime between the ages of 35 and 45 and growing a big garden and working at as a college professor at a small community college and taking it real easy and enjoying ourselves. And that sounds nice, don't it? So he's been toying with going back to school, getting a masters, trying not to get sucked into the neverending cycle of corporate life... and I hope that it works out, because life shouldn't be a struggle day to day; you need to enjoy the ride while it's happening. I guess that's why they say stop and smell the roses. But the stopping part's sometimes hard when you're always moving forward day after day...
So in the past few weeks, Cuddy had her last show at ImprovBoston, we had a (lame) party for her, we got Jay a new cellphone because he lost his other one, we went on a little vacation with Jay's parents to New Hampshire and stayed at a motel on the sea shore during a hurricane, and during that vacation we celebrated our first anniversary, Jay had a business trip to Philly that ended up going pretty well, and I missed him while he was gone, but now he's back and it's the weekend!
On Thursday I took the day off and hung out with my pal Laura and her boyfriend Curt. We went to the Brimfield Flea Market. That place is HUGE. So... much... stuff. It makes me so scared to buy anything lest I become a flea market salesperson! We saw lots of really neat stuff, though. I got Jay a map of the highways of Massachusetts that was made the year before the Pike was built, and so it had a dotted line that was a proposed toll road which ended up being the Pike. It was pretty neat. I also got him a color print of the respiratory system. We're geeks.
As I mentioned earlier, Jay and I just celebrated our first anniversary. It came and went, and the top of our wedding cake is still in the freezer. And my wedding dress is still hanging in my closet. (I guess you're supposed to eat some frozen year-old wedding cake on your first anniversary, and I guess you're supposed to either make your wedding dress into curtains or preserve it or something.) We've actually been together for five years (or thereabouts - I guess we officially were together in the fall of 2001), and we've known each other for about 8 years. And I have to say, I don't regret a day of it. Awww! I love Jay more than anything, and I am looking forward to spending the rest of my daily life with him. Awww!!
Anyway, enough mush... perhaps tomorrow we will be revisiting the Alley and meeting up with Matt et al to hang out during Rib'n'Brews. He's right - the Rib'n'Brews Festival really sounds like a great time, but it's always been kind of a bust, so just hanging out in the Alley and eating some hot dogs and drinking some beers sounds much better than fighting crowds to try to get subpar 'authentic' BBQ and leftover beer for $15.
If I ever get my ass in gear, I should post some pics of recent stuff. But opening them in Photoshop and cropping them and saving them and posting them... so many steps for my small brain... If I get ambitious, watch out!
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You should try Picasa from Google for your photo organizing/uploading/cropping/resizing needs. it seems to work pretty well.
We both miss the Alley as it was. It sure was nice.
Hope you and Jay and Abe are doing well. Jay should start blogging again, too.
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment