This past weekend I noticed a few ants strutting about the kitchen. Oh, sure, we don't have the cleanest kitchen on earth, in the US, in Ashland, or heck, even on Indian Spring Road, so sure, I can expect some... but I just hate ants! There wasn't a swarm, just three or four puttering about. So I killed 'em. That's right. No Buddism here; I killed them ants dead. Today I come home to more ants... but y'know, only four or five just hanging around, not looking like they've come in from any specific spot. So for the past two hours, I've intermittently been killing one or two ants, leaving the kitchen area for a while, coming back, killing two or three more, leaving, coming back and killing two more... and so on. I can't figure out where they're coming from, as it's not like a big line of ants following the leader. I suppose some ant traps are in order, as now the house smells sickeningly of Raid. So that's my big story.
Dennis had a very fun party on Friday - except it totally wiped Jay and I out for the rest of weekend. We can't party like we used to, no way, no how. I think we went to bed about 4am, and man, we were exhausted the rest of the weekend. I used to stay up all night, drink too many Pabsts, figure I shouldn't sleep, and go to work at Starbucks at 4:30 a.m. And back then it was okay. I was young. Now I'm old and tubby and just plain sleepy.
Now I have to go kill one or two ants. Yech.
Monday, May 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
MURDERER!
I mean, thanks for coming to my party and having a good time. Love ya!
Post a Comment