Sunday, January 22, 2006

Paint and hot sauce

Seeing as how this blog was originally started because we had moved into a new house and wanted to talk all about what was going on with it, I figure that I'd post about our new paint color in the living room. However, I'm much too lazy right now to actually go get the digital camera and upload pictures, so I'll do that later. Okay, maybe I won't. But anyway, we painted the living room a tannish-green color and the fireplace a dark brown. It looks great with the new couch, and is a nice change from white all around.

Yesterday we went for a walk (okay, this isn't house-related stuff), seeing as how it was so nice out. We went to Hopkinton State Park. We didn't explore too much, as it was getting super windy and the forecast called for rain. (It never rained, by the way.) Abe was super hyper. He was running around all crazy, leaping over rocks and downed trees, and eventually decided to try to jump over a little creek. He didn't make it. But he did jump over three more similar creeks... and never really quite made it.

We then went grocery shopping, and Jay decided to try to make some hot sauce. He loooves hot sauce. I'm kind of scared of hot sauce, because hell, it burns. Mouth pain is not so much fun. Anyway, we picked some poblano peppers (no, not a peck; just three), some jalepenos, some red ones and some yellow ones (we didn't know what they were), some anchos, and some dried habaneros, the hottest chile pepper known to man. Jay grilled them up on the grill (you know, even grilling hot peppers smells super good!), skinned them, and pureed the up in the food processor. He did some other stuff to it, added some things, and now he has what he likes to call "Anti-Vampire Snot Sauce." It has a garlicky taste and is green.

And today, well, who knows what we're doing? I have to go do some laundry, which I know is super exciting...

No comments: