Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I got the urge to post

I haven't posted in a while, nor have I been in the mood to post, only because I feel like nothing exciting has happened. Which isn't true. Jay recently put together our wedding album, which looks fantastic, and I'm happy to see that we actually have lots of good ones. I thought the photographers didn't do that great of a job, but once you sift through them and take out the subpar ones, the photos look great. Yay Jay!

We didn't do anything exciting for New Year's. (Although if you watched Dick Clark count down to the New Year, it was exciting in a sad way... he skipped like 4 seconds... doh.) I woke up about six minutes before midnight, as I had fallen asleep on the couch about two hours before.

And I've been feeling sorry for myself lately, as I have a nasty-ass cold sore (yeah, it's gross), and it seems to like to not go away. So it's lame, but I took the week off because I have a hard time speaking and eating, and those are two things I like to do (and speaking is part of my job). But I sure do miss eating like a normal person... Jay's been very sweet, though; he got me two kinds of delicious chicken soup the other day, and he even got me my favorite Quizno's sub that he cut up into tiny pieces so I could easily fit them in my mouth.

So I've been to the doctor twice in the past week, and I realize that she's not very perceptive to anything I have to say. Which makes me want to find another PCP (primary care physician). But how is one supposed to find a PCP they like? You can't interview doctors over the phone. You can't go to ratemydoctor.com, as that Web site doesn't exist (unlike ratemyprofessor.com). So ah well. I shall sit this one out, and until I suffer accidental death or mismemberment, I shall settle for my PCP, who is sweet, she just doesn't listen.

Oh, and I brought Abe to the vet today. He had to have his rabies shot. He also got a physical and some sort of lyme disease shot, as well as a distemperment shot. I don't know what the distemperment shot is, or if it even is "distemperment". I might just be saying that because I brought up dismemberment in the last paragraph. ::shrug:: But he was a good boy, and everyone loved him.

Okay, I'm rambling, so I go now!

No comments: