Tuesday, December 21, 2004

We have no internet...

...so this post is going to highlight the fun things we've been doing. Also, we don't have our digital camera handy, so there are no pictures, unfortunately. We do have video, so at least there's something.

SAT: Ripped up carpet.
SUN: Ripped up carpet tacks; ripped down kitchen wallpaper.
Jay had bought a bunch of wallpaper-ripper-downer stuff, like chemicals and scrapers and scorers. So we said, "I wonder how stuck the wallpaper actually is to the wall," and we found that it practically fell off when we sneezed. So we ripped down the wallpaper in one fell swoop. We found baby-diarrhea brown underneath and we almost puked.
MON: Jay and Matt painted the kitchen. Jay rips off paneling in family room.
We got a lightish greenish color, but not minty. But on the wall it looks blue. It's verrrry nice. Three coats. Later in the evening Jay takes our new Wonderbar and rips off all the wood paneling in the family room.
TUE: Jay joint compounds the wall in family room.

Wednesday we both worked, didn't do much...
And today is Thursday, and I'm at work, but Jay's got the day off... we'll see what happens. I think more joint compounding and maybe some painting.

Oh, and last night we found out we have cable, although I'm not sure how. We got to watch the Celtics game, and that made Jay a happy boy. We also checked out Nick's Pizza Place in Ashland... the guy made us the wrong kind of pizza, so he made a mini one for me the right way and didn't charge us anything. What a country! It was tasty pizza..... mmmmmm.

2 comments:

dennis said...

I can't believe you left out the part where I drank your beer on Sunday! :( Just kidding! :) Glad you guys are getting things done.

Erin said...

Dennis drank beer and helped us move Sunday. And it was good. And he'll be drinking beer with us some more in the future. And it will be good.